2. What personal information do we collect
You can browse our website without creating an account. However, when you choose to provide us with your personal information, you acknowledge that such information is transmitted to and stored on our servers. We collect the following categories of personal information:
Automatically collected information: When you visit our website, utilize our services, or interact with ads or other content, we automatically gather information sent to us by your computer, mobile device, or any other equipment used to access our services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
Data regarding your interaction with our website and services, such as device type, device ID, computer and connection information, geo-location data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.ev.com, referring URL, ad data, IP address, and standard web log data.
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any data you input on our website or submit to us when using our services. This data includes, but is not limited to:
Information provided to us during registration for an account or for the services you use.
Additional data that you may provide to us through third-party services or social media sites.
Information shared with us during dispute resolution, correspondence through our website, or correspondence sent to us.
Data about your location and your device's location, including unique device identifiers, if enabled on your mobile device.
Your resume if submitted to us for consideration through our careers page.
Information from other sources: We may receive or gather additional information about you from third-party sources and add it to your account information. This information includes, but is not limited to, demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data, and additional data about you from public authorities, as permitted by law.
3. How we use your personal information
By using EV.com, you acknowledge and consent to our use of your personal information for the following purposes: To grant you access to our Services and Customer Support through email or phone.
- To personalize, measure, and enhance our Services, content, and advertisements.
- To provide you with any other requested services, as specified when we collected your information.
- To evaluate your potential candidacy if you decide to submit your resume through our careers page.
- Service providers with whom EV.com has entered into an agreement to assist in providing Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies, and technical support. In these cases, your personal information will remain under the control of EV.com. If you are listing an ad, your listing or business address may be displayed on a map in your ads (including within the EV.com mobile application) via Google Maps and therefore transferred to Google (refer to the Google Privacy Notice for more info).
- To comply with legal obligations or a court order.
- To prevent, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses such as fraud, deceit, or prosecution.
- To maintain our policies or protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via EV.com, such as in a cooperation.
- Companies that EV.com intends to merge with in the context of a re-organization or that acquire EV.com.
- An intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary believes in good faith that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, among other things, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser.
In our efforts to respect your privacy and keep the website free of malicious parties, EV.com will not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
Information you share on www.EV.com: Our website enables users to share advertisements and other information with other users, making the shared information accessible to other users. Since our website also allows direct contact between buyers and sellers, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our website, and we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information you share with other users.
If you visit our website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
4. Marketing Purposes
By using EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace , you consent to our use of the information we collect to send you offers or contact you by telephone regarding products or services offered by EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace or its affiliated companies, whether personalized or not.
We will not share, sell, or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with data we obtain from other companies to improve and personalize our services and features.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can update your preferences in your EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace account, or click on the "unsubscribe" link in any marketing communication you receive where applicable.
EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace follows the principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada's (DAAC) AdChoices program. If you do not want to participate in our personalized advertising using your personal information or tracking/retargeting programs, you can opt-out by following the instructions provided in the applicable advertisement or directly on the AdChoices website provided by the DAAC, and using the opt-out mechanism. Opting out does not necessarily mean that you will not see any ads. It only means that such ads will not be personalized for you using cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies.
7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
We cannot modify your personal information or account information. However, you can modify your information yourself by logging into your EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace account. Please note that once you've placed a listing, you may not be able to change or delete your message. If you want to close your account (where applicable) with us, you can submit a request by clicking here. We'll process your request within a reasonable period of time and handle your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
If you need to access your personal information that is not directly accessible on EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace , you can contact our Customer Support. We may charge a fee to cover our costs, but the fee will not exceed the amount permitted by law. If we have any of your information that is factually incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant, you can request that we modify or delete it. We will handle such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
8. Protection and retention of your personal information
At EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace , we take measures to protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures like firewalls, data encryption, physical and administrative access controls to data and servers to minimize the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. If you suspect that your account has been misused, please reach out to us via the Contact Form.
We retain personal information only as long as it is legally permissible and necessary for the purposes described above. When it is no longer required, we delete the personal information.
9. Other Information
At EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace , we have a zero-tolerance policy towards website abuse. You are not allowed to add other EV.com - Electric Vehicle Marketplace users to your mailing list for commercial purposes, even if they have made a purchase from you, without their explicit consent. If you come across any abuse of our website, such as spam or spoof emails, please inform us immediately through our contact form.